Mercedes Benz Fashion Days – 3 Events on Saturday 16th November
1. The Swiss Designers Showroom This Saturday 16th November in the foyer at Schiffbau from 1pm – 9pm Swiss fashion designers and an opportunity to look and buy. Labels include: Asandri, Atelier Laure Paschoud, Aziza Zina, Berenik, Inch by Aweet Kumar, Javier Reyes, LBD Little Black Dress, OlaRe, PAMB, Perret Schaad, Sagenhaft, Seam, Stricto Senso, Studio Laend Phuengkit, Tamara Perez, Toujours Toi Family Affairs, Tricia Ze, Van Bery, Yana Ray
2) Book-reading / discussion in conjunction with Swiss designer Christa de Carouge at VIP Tent in Turbinerplatz at 3.30pm.
- Zurich Comedy Club (theatre in Zurich in English) – “Don’t Dress for Dinner” at Theater Im Seefeld continues until 16th November. Selling out fast – read here for more information.
- Celebrate Beaujolais Nouveau in Zurich - on Thursday 21st November from 11am at the Hotel St. Gotthard, Bahnhofstr. 87, 8021 Zürich For more information email email@example.com, or call 044 227 76 01
- Florita Flower Shop Open Evening - many florist sare opening their doors to show off their Advent and Christmas creations – you will find that they offer a lot more than just Christmas roses and Christmas trees! Florita in Zumikon Dorfplatz has an open evening on Monday 18th from 4pm – 8pm - why not pop by for some inspiration and Christmas cheer?
- Christmas Lights and Night Shopping – the lights in Bahnhofstrasse are illuminated on Thursday 21st November at 6pm. Also late “Night Shopping” until 10pm in approx 500 stores in the centre of Zurich.
- ICS Christmas Fair – come along to the ICS Christmas Fair on Tuesday 26th November from 11am – 6pm. It all takes place at the Gemeindesaal at Dorfplatz in Zumikon. There will be carols, baked goods, Christmas gifts, tombola and more. Proceeds going to charity. A great event for all the family.
- The Märlitram – treat your little ones (aged 4 – 10 years) to a tram ride with Father Christmas and his angels. To read about this event and lots of other Christmas activities as well as a guide to the Swiss Christmas Markets please read here.
- Blickfang Design Event - love fashion? Love design? Then come along to Blickfang at the Kongresshaus in Zurich from 22nd – 24th November. Read all about it here.
- Wizard of Oz – don’t miss this theatre production in English from 22nd – 24th November in Zurich! Read here for more information.
- Whisky Ships in Zurich – the wine ships have sailed away but soon the whisky ships will be taking their place. They will arrive at in Zurich on 28th November for just 4 days. This year there are 5 ships instead of 4 and even more whisky to taste! Read all about it here.
- Book Launch Charlotte Aimes - A coming-of-age adventure in English with attitude. And snowboards. Book signing by author Libby O’Loghlin on Sunday, 1st December, 3pm-5pm at Orell Füsselli in Rennweg Zurich. For more information on this book in English aimed at teenagers please see here.
- Sylvia Day and 50 Shades of (Christmas) DAY - the talented actress Sylvia Day will be performing “50 Shades of (Christmas) DAY!” in Zurich on December 4th, 5th and 7th in Zurich. Why not treat yourself to tickets for this hilarious entertaining show and enjoy a little Christmas entertainment? You can book tickets here.
- Samichlaus Schwimmen – are you planning to swim across the Limmat for the “Samichlaus Schwimmen” on Sunday 8th December? Registration will start from 23rd November. More information here. To see photos of last year’s event read this article.
- Present Ideas for Christmas? – Why not buy British author Diccon Bewes’s latest book “Slow Train to Switzerland” all about the history of the first holidaymakers to Switzerland. Or perhaps his best selling book “Swiss Watching” – or “Swisscellany”? Read here for more info.
- MomInBalance – why not check out the new fitness classes in Zurich for pregnancy and beyond. Read here for more information.
- Cooking at Home Made Easy – Vidi’s delivers his Kochtüte with freshly prepared ingredients directly to your doorstep so that you can rustle up a great new recipe in the comfort of your own home. Read here to learn more and get CHF 20 off your first order with the discount code NIZ2013!
- Cars – Oldtimer / Classic Car and Parts Market – there is a special market taking place in Winterthur on 16th and 17th November for “old-timers” – Classic Cars – and for vintage “spare parts and accessories”. More information and ticket details here.
*** Don’t forget to mark your diaries for Shopping Sundays in Zurich on 1st December, 8th December and 22nd December.***
And some articles you may have missed:
- Your Guide to the Christmas Markets in Zurich & Switzerland - & special Christmas events
Why not sign up for free updates via email by “subscribing to the blog” at the top of the page?